Posted on: 5 December 2018Share
Colorbond fencing is one of the best fencing solutions in the market today. Colorbond refers to pre-painted steel sheets whose inner base contains aluminium and zinc coating. These sheets are pressed into different profiles suitable for fencing works. Below are a few benefits of colorbond fencing.
- The fence is low maintenance, unlike live fences that require regular trimming.
- Colorbond fencing is durable. The aluminium and zinc coating prevents rusting. Besides, you do not have to worry about pests such as termites destroying your fence.
- It is quicker to install a colorbond fence compared to building a brick wall or having a live fence.
- Colorbond fencing is beautiful. You get to choose from a variety of unique, elegant designs. The fence looks good on both sides hence your neighbours get to enjoy it too.
If you would want colorbond fencing for your home or business, below are a few considerations you have to make.
Where will you buy colorbond fencing?
Many companies deal with colorbond fencing. You can do some online research or ask friends or family with colorbond fencing to recommend a company to you. Look for a company with a few years of experience in colorbond fencing. When asking for a quote, inquire if the costs include transport and installation.
What kind of colorbond fence do you want?
There are various colorbond fencing designs. Preferably, the colour you choose should complement other colours in your home. Also, decide how high you want the fence. Ensure that the fence consists of high-quality materials. If you want a custom colorbond gate, choose one that suits your needs. For instance, if you have trucks coming into the compound, the gate must be wide enough.
How will you install colorbond fencing?
It is best if you let a professional install the colorbond fence. Below are some useful tips to guide you.
- Determine where your property boundary lies. You do not want to bring down the fence because it was put up in your neighbour's land.
- Ensure that the posts are firm. If they are not, the fence could be damaged or brought down by harsh weather or malicious individuals.
- Adjust the posts accurately in sloping areas.
- The gate should be conveniently located. If you have vehicles getting into the compound, it is best if the gate swings inward.
The main benefits of colorbond fencing is that it is durable and low maintenance. When installing a colorbond fence, do some shopping on the costs of the sheets, choose a suitable design, and plan for slopes and gates.